Carla Pyle Signature Textile Design
Carla Pyle adds a unique artistic flair to the three-dimensional surface of upholstery with her textile designs inspired by nature. Her signature designs are available by custom order as a one-of-a-kind enhancement to a customer’s own furniture piece or incorporated into vintage, reproduction or custom-built designs. A textile design by Carla is more than a celebratory representation of the living world; it becomes an expression of the personal values of the individual for whom it is created. Carla creates commissioned textile designs and shows her finished signature pieces at selected galleries.
Living Home Furniture™
Living Home Furniture™ is our original collection of sustainable furniture designs. Each heirloom-quality chair is hand-assembled in our studios using only FSC-certified wood and pure, non-toxic upholstery materials and finishes.
We craft Living Home Furniture using 100% natural fibers and certified wood products. We assemble solid wood frames with doweled joints and non-toxic, water-based glues. The core cushioning is Natural Latex Rubber which repels dust mites and other allergens and is resistant to mold and mildew. Exposed wood elements are finished with the highest grade of Pure Tung Oil, a zero-VOC finish which contains no additives or distillates and provides a tough, flexible and highly water-resistant coating. Our suppliers use chemical-free processes and products. Our silk supplier works with a few small communities in Asia, supporting fair trade by working with artisans and cooperatives to help provide them with a better quality of life.
Living Home Furniture represents our original mission to create one-of-a-kind works of art that promote healthier, non-toxic living environments for our customers while limiting our environmental footprint and benefitting the local communities our work involves. The collection is available by special order.
To purchase Carla Pyle’s Signature Textile Designs
View Living Home Furniture and Carla Pyle Signature Textile Design representative pieces in our Online Gallery. Call or email us to obtain pricing and place an order via PayPal or personal check. See our shipping policy under FAQs. Local customers have the option of direct purchase at one of our studio locations. Please contact us for assistance.
We work with individuals as well as architecture and design teams according to the needs of each client or project to create custom & reproduction upholstered furniture, classic furniture design with a twist or a furniture fantasy from your imagination…
Why choose custom?
Our customers often come to us with an idea for a piece of furniture that is not available in the marketplace:
- a cherished modern classic that you would like to have reproduced.
- an old sturdy favorite that no longer fits your tastes, but could be refreshed with a few style adjustments to the shape or upholstery.
- an idea for something that doesn’t exist outside of your imagination or a sketch.
Here’s how we work to bring a custom furniture order from idea to completion:
- A meeting is scheduled at the client’s home or our studios to discuss the style of the custom work, the budget and expected time line. Communication is very important at the initiation of the project, to determine the needs, preferences and expectations of the client. We have found that honesty and open dialog throughout the process always results in a satisfying outcome for all involved.
- We can provide physical examples upon request, related to choice of materials or techniques. For example, we are often asked to show the difference between ‘organic’ and ‘conventional’ upholstery materials, or to provide wood-finish samples.
- For built-in work we visit the site to measure for drawings and again after final plans are approved. Several visits may be necessary, especially where new construction or remodeling may result in unforeseen changes.
- We provide initial working drawings within an agreed-upon time frame, then arrange to meet again with the client for review and adjustment.
- After the working plans are approved, we provide a bid price quote. Upon final approval by all parties, a schedule is arranged and a contract is signed.
- Once construction begins, regular (usually bi-weekly) updates are provided in the form of emails or phone contact.
- If a prototype is required (as on larger projects), additional meetings may be scheduled for client approval.
- Long distance travel expenses to complete a custom project are charged to the client in advance
Chan and Carla are pros, we worked together on Starky’s Authentic Americana Restaurant. The custom built-in seating was expertly designed, detailed and delivered right on time. The entire team appreciated your positive attitude and flexibility within the tight time frames and schedule changes that lead up to completion of the job. Nice job on the styling, comfort and durability, too.
Shipping or delivery/installation
For shipment of merchandise out of state we have established methods to ensure the furniture arrives unharmed. Please visit our FAQ page for detailed information about shipping and installation.
Custom Furniture orders
Please Contact Us to discuss your custom project. Please note that our design-build-install custom services are available regionally on a case-by-case basis.