Learn how to re-upholster your old tired Dining Chair seats!
Find out the tips & tricks that will guarantee a professional-looking result and give you the skills to transform all your chairs at home to like-new condition.
“What is a slip seat?” A slip seat is a removable upholstered seat, slipped or inserted into an open chair frame:
Dining Chair Upholstery Workshop:
Single Session: (2.5 hours) – Bring Your Own Slip-Seat Dining Chair, Ottoman or Stool (see examples above). Lots of useful information is packed into this class!
- Learn how to evaluate your chair’s frame condition and measure your seat for fabric and new padding.
- Get a recommendation for any repair or refinishing options, if your chair needs help.
- Observe a demonstration of the steps of deconstructing a simple slip seat, then practice on your own chair.
- Get help with calculations to determine how much fabric & padding materials you will need to complete your project.
- Learn the best techniques to attach padding and fabric to your seat’s plywood foundation.
Learn 4 essential tips that will help you achieve a professional-looking result:
- See examples of what can go wrong with a seat’s foundation – learn what signs to look for that indicate replacement and the best materials to use.
- Examine different ways to add comfort to an upholstered seat – learn which types of padding are used to create the unique look & feel you want for your seat.
- Find out the key to avoiding a lopsided seat.
- Learn what upholstery tools are available and how to use them to make your restoration job much easier.
Student Discount: A wide range of fabric & high quality padding materials are available to participants at a special discount.
Want to learn some fun and creative ways to decorate your chair’s frame to go with your newly upholstered seat? Check out the Chair Upcycling Workshop
Dining Chair Upholstery Workshop
Instructor: Carla Pyle
When: Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 5:30-8:00 pm
Where: Carla Pyle’s Livingston Studio
Questions? call Carla at 406.223.3834
Class Fee: Single participant: $35 or Bring-a-Friend (two participants): $50
Registration deadline: 5 pm Friday, Oct 18, 2013