Learn quick & easy techniques to re-upholster your old tired chair seats like a pro!
Find out the tips & tricks that will help you get a neat, clean finish AND a comfortable seat.
What is a slip seat? A slip seat is a removable upholstered seat, slipped or inserted into an open chair frame:
Dining Chair Upholstery Workshop:
Single Session: (2.5 hours) – Bring Your Own Slip-Seat Chair, Ottoman or Stool (see examples above). Lots of useful information is packed into this class!
- Learn how to evaluate your chair’s frame condition and measure your seat for fabric and new padding.
- Get a recommendation for any repair or refinishing options, if your chair needs help.
- Observe a demonstration of the steps of deconstructing a simple slip seat, then practice on your own chair.
- Get help with calculations to determine how much fabric & padding materials you will need to complete your project.
- Learn the best techniques to attach padding and fabric to your seat’s plywood foundation.
Learn 4 essential tips that will help you achieve a professional-looking result:
- See examples of what can go wrong with a seat’s foundation – learn what signs to look for that indicate replacement and the best materials to use.
- Examine different ways to add comfort to an upholstered seat – learn which types of padding are used to create the unique look & feel you want for your seat.
- Find out the key to avoiding a lopsided seat.
- Learn which tools work the best to make your restoration job much easier.
Student Discount: A wide range of fabric & quality padding materials is always available to students at a special discount.
Class size: 6
When: This class is currently being offered on request – get 3 friends together and we’ll make a date!
Where: Carla’s Livingston Studio
Workshop fee: Single participant: $35 or take advantage of the Bring-a-Friend discount (at $27 each) when you and a friend sign up together.
*** Important: Please read the Class Policies before registering for the class. Your registration signifies your agreement with all Class Policies. Call Carla at 406-223-3834 to register by phone or if you have any questions.