Living Home Furniture’s Upholstery Class Policies
- Please be sure to check your calendar to be sure you can attend all scheduled classes prior to registering (Thank you!)
- Each registration is for a single person. Two people working on the same project counts as two separate registrations. Be sure to take advantage of the Bring-a-Friend discount available for most classes.
- Payments for live classes are excepted through online registration with PayPal. Personal check payments may be arranged in advance by contacting Carla.
- Due to limited space and scheduling logistics, class fees are nonrefundable within one week prior to the first class in a series. A 50% refund will be given for cancellation 14 or more days prior to the first class in a series. If you have a personal emergency, let me know – I will work with you to figure something out.
- If weather or a personal matter beyond human control forces cancellation or postponement of a class, I’ll notify you and reschedule the class at no extra charge.
Have Your Chair Pre-approved
I want you to be successful! Since there are so many different chair styles, it’s important to be sure your chair fits the time frame and difficulty level of the class you are signing up for. Please follow the steps below:
- View photos of acceptable chairs that are posted with each class description – these provide a great preliminary guide!
- Once you have chosen your chair, please email a photo of your chair to carla(at)livinghomefurniture.com for final approval before registering for the class. Call Carla at 406-223-3834 if you have any questions or concerns about this step.
- If you are looking for a chair project to buy for a class, check out our available items page (thrift store prices make these affordable!). Class difficulty level is listed with the description for each piece.
Tools & Supplies
- Your Class Fee covers use of all tools and sewing machines, thread, twine, staples, adhesive, covered button molds and hot glue.
- A nominal fee will be applied to these extra materials used in class: jute webbing, dacron batting, cotton batting, burlap, welt cord, zippers and muslin.
- You provide: your pre-approved chair & upholstery fabric, plus (if needed) foam, springs, and embellishments such as decorative nails & trim.
- Wear comfortable work clothes and be prepared for tough tacks and sharp staples – safety glasses and gloves will be provided but you are encouraged to bring your own if you have them. If you are sensitive to dust, please bring your own dust mask or respirator.
You will work independently on your own project with support & hands on instruction personalized to your particular project. Many students have said the best part of the class is watching & learning from other students’ challenges as well sharing their own.
How to Register:
There is a Paypal button at the bottom of each class description. If there is a drop down menu, make your choice, click on the ‘Buy Now’ button and continue to checkout. Be sure to double check times and dates carefully before you register.
PayPal will send you a payment confirmation. If you use another form of credit through PayPal, you may not receive confirmation. If you’re uncertain if your payment was received, email carla(at)livinghomefurniture(dot)com and I’ll get back to you right away. Thanks! I look forward to a fun class!
Questions? Contact Carla